$BITRISE_CERTIFICATE_URL empty when using iOS Auto Provision

Description of the issue

I’m trying to use automatic signing in my iOS app. Previously I used manual signing and the “Certificate and profile installer” step, but now I’ve changed to the “iOS Auto Provision” step. As I see it they both use the $BITRISE_CERTIFICATE_URL secret for accessing my uploaded certificates. But when using “iOS Auto Provision” the $BITRISE_CERTIFICATE_URL seems empty. It gives me the following error:

missing: certificate_urls

Environment:

This happens for a project using the “Xcode 11.4.x, on macOS 10.15.3 (Catalina)” stack and in the “iOS Auto Provision” step version 1.5.2.

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO (happened on the latest version)
  • When did the issue start? : The first time I used the step

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

This is an issue with an empty secret. Can’t see how this can be reproduced locally.

Build log

https://app.bitrise.io/build/f9fd90f3cc5925f9#?tab=log

Found out that the secret was empty when I had no certificates uploaded. With the certificates uploaded it now works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.