Enable automatic signing

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Hi all! I’m newbie in bitrise and try to fix build issue from previous team. When I tried to build in the bitrise, I get error:
error: No profiles for ‘’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching '’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.

But I can’t find this option (xcodebuild) in the bitrise.yml or in Wokflows. Could you help me fix this problem? Screenshots are welcome :slight_smile:

Environment:

macOs Catalina, Xcode 12.4

Reproducibility

Every time when I push commits to a repo or try rebuild in bitrise

Build log

Hello there @Alex_Gabets :wave:

Can you please send us the URL of the related build and also enable Support Access on the Settings tab of the app ( Enabling the Bitrise Support user for your app | Bitrise DevCenter ) so that we can take a more in-depth look? :slight_smile:

Hello @Roland-Bak
Support Access already enabled
builds link: Bitrise - Mobile Continuous Integration and Delivery - iOS & Android Build Automation

Hello @Alex_Gabets :wave:

This is something you need to set you Xcode, in the target in question.
If this doesn’t work for some reason, you can try the Additional options for xcodebuild call input field in the Debug section of your Xcode Archive and Export for iOS step:

Hello @Roland-Bak
Thank you! I added -allowProvisioningUpdates to “Additional options for xcodebuild call” and it help me to resolve this error, but I immediately got another error :frowning:
Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 19.18.40|690x100

New provisioning profile and code code signing certificates uploaded

Hey there @Alex_Gabets :wave:

Can you try implementing an automatic provisioning option to see if the issue comes up that way as well?
You can switch your Certificate and Profile Installer step with an iOS Auto Provision one (either one that uses API, or one that uses your Apple Developer Account), and set up the corresponding connection on your App’s Team Tab, and you should be good to go! :slight_smile:

You can read a detailed guide about setting this up here: Managing iOS code signing files - automatic provisioning | Bitrise DevCenter

Hello @Roland-Bak thank you for your help but still not working. What I’ve done:

• Setup Apple Service connection by Apple Account ID (even twice, because after first attempt it disappeared)
  • According to the instruction remove Certificate and profile installer step and add iOS Auto Provision with Apple ID after Run Cocoapods install and before Xcode Archive & Export for iOS
  • Set The Developer Portal team ID, Distribution type and Scheme name

but got next error:

could it be related to my role in the team (Developer)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.