Xcode archive: Use dot instead of slash in app ID

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Currently, to determine which provisioning profile to use the team ID and the bundle ID are concatenated using a / , e.g. HTUG78SA74/com.example.myapp . Is it possible to use a . instead as a separator? All of our provisioning profiles use a dot in the App ID property. I am new to Bitrise and maybe I overlooking a config possibility.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Xcode 10.0.x, on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

xcode-archive@2.4.15

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Existed from the beginning, since I signed up for Bitrise last Week.

Local reproduction

It works locally, becuase Xcode searcher for the proper App ID.

Build log

Hi @matoilic!

I might be missing something, but I don’t see what you’re raising here to be the issue, in the log attached, you do not have a step configured for signing, so the errors you are receiving are expected. Could this be the issue itself, or perhaps do you have a build URL that could exemplify this better?

I made a really stupid mistake here. I thought that the uploaded certificates and provisioning profiles would be installed automatically. I did not include the associated install step. I oversaw the mention of that in the docs.

So did you guys manage to solve the issue? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes. Everything works fine now. I think we’ll get a subscription soon :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.