How can I specify App ID on "iOS Auto Provision" step?

I’m trying to use “iOS Auto Provision” step.
https://blog.bitrise.io/ios-auto-provision-step

It seems that the step automatically generate the profiles by using Release configuration App ID.

If App ID is set as below, how can I specify the latter( com.mycompany.myapp.debug)?

• Release: com.mycompany.myapp
  • Debug: com.mycompany.myapp.debug

I’d like to specify configuration name like “Xcode Archive & Export for iOS” step.

1 Like

I changed App ID by using “Set iOS Info.plist - Bundle Identifier” step, before “iOS Auto Provision” step, but it doesn’t work.

It seems that this Configurations setting are used always.

So, changing Info.plist’s CFBundleIdentifier doesn’t work.

I’d like Bitrise to add configuration name option.

Hi @mono0926,
thanks for the report!
I scheduled to update the step to be able to specify scheme and configuration to use to determine which bundle id(s) should be used by the step.

3 Likes

That would be really important for us as well. When do you think we will see this feature implemented?

2 Likes

@mono0926 & @matthias.buchetics an update covering this feature is expected to be released today, but we can’t promise that with 100%, of course we’ll do everything to finish it in time. If not today then early next week.

1 Like

any news here on the expected release?

1 Like

The scope of the update exploded a bit, but it’s now in “final review” stage, should be released today.

1 Like

Hi guys,
we released a new version which allows you to specify the scheme and the configuration, please update the step and let us know how does it work.

1 Like

Thanks, but it doesn’t work.

This is ios-auto-provision log:

Params:
configuration: AdHoc
Analyzing project
--- xcodebuild: WARNING: Configuration  is not in the project. Building default configuration.

The project has AdHoc configuration.

Why doesn’t this work?

Hi @mono0926,

based on your log chunk:

Analyzing project --- xcodebuild: WARNING: Configuration is not in the project. Building default configuration.

the xcodebuild tool can not find your configuration, are your sure that the config is defined for the scheme?

Could you please contact us on the on-site-chat and attach your failed build url?

@mono0926 the configuration is not referring to the distribution type, it’s the build flavor of your project that you specify in the schemes menu. Ie Release, Debug. Bitrise refers to your app’s main module as the scheme and refers to your scheme as the configuration. For example Scheme -> YouTube config -> Release for an app called YouTube with the build setting set to release. Just make sure you don’t have a typo in your step.

I executed xcodebuild -list and the output is here:

xcodebuild -list

Build Configurations:
        Debug
        Release
        AdHoc

iOS Auto Provision step configuration:

Could you please contact us on the on-site-chat and attach your failed build url?

Okay, I’ll contact via chat :+1:

1 Like

This is build URL: https://www.bitrise.io/build/d11aeae20dd2528c

1 Like

This issues was resolved with this release: https://github.com/bitrise-steplib/steps-ios-auto-provision/releases/tag/0.9.5

Indeed, 0.9.5 was just released @mono0926

Let us know if you’d have any issues with the new version :wink: