Unable to install fortawesome with yarn step 404 NOT FOUND

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Everytime i try to do yarn install via a yarn step , i keep getting the following error:

error An unexpected error occurred: “https://npm.fontawesome.com/1599D81E-780C-408B-A72C-51040C63B34C/@fortawesome/free-brands-svg-icons/-/free-brands-svg-icons-5.11.2.tgz: Request failed “404 Not Found””.

I already tried to yarn cache clean and other configurations described in their (fortawesome) docs, but i had no success.

My related deps in package.json are

"@fortawesome/free-brands-svg-icons": "5.9.0",
    "@fortawesome/pro-light-svg-icons": "5.9.0",
    "@fortawesome/pro-regular-svg-icons": "5.9.0",
    "@fortawesome/pro-solid-svg-icons": "5.9.0",

Environment:

Bitrise Stack: Xcode 11.1.x, on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Yarn 0.1.0 (Latest)

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Everytime
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Nov, 22, 2019

Local reproduction

It works well locally on Mac OS Catalina

Build log

I am getting this issue too.

Working on my local machine running Mojave (10.14.6), but failing on Bitrise at the Yarn step.

Hey, sorry for the delay on this!

@glenmasters, could you please share the url of your build?
Also, @danielabravo and @glenmasters could you guys enable Support Access (Enabling the Bitrise Support user for your app | Bitrise DevCenter) so that we may take a more extensive look? :slight_smile:

I believe my problem was caused by font-awesome changing their authentication. On my local machine the old method was cached, but because the bitrise build was new it was re-authenticating and failing.
I went through these instructions afresh: https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/on-the-web/setup/using-package-managers
I then deleted my yarn.lock and node_modules and executed a fresh yarn pull. I checked in the modified yarn.lock and my bitrise build worked again.
All good now.

Awesome! Glad to hear you resolved this issue and THANK YOU for sharing this information

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.