Signing fails on Xcode 9.3 on High Sierra

Got a weird issue here… I’ve got a project that fails during the “Xcode Archive & Export for iOS” workflow. But only on the stack “Xcode 9.3.x, on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)”. The error message says:

generated export options content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
	<dict>
		<key>method</key>
		<string>enterprise</string>
		<key>provisioningProfiles</key>
		<dict>
			<key>com.company.division.MySecretProject-Ent</key>
			<string>XC iOS: com.company.division.MySecretProject-Ent</string>
		</dict>
		<key>signingCertificate</key>
		<string>iPhone Distribution: Big Faceless Company</string>
		<key>teamID</key>
		<string>39935285H4</string>
	</dict>
</plist> <nil>
[00:37:12] set -o pipefail && xcodebuild "-exportArchive" "-archivePath" "/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__archive__085361849/MySecretProject.xcarchive" "-exportPath" "/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__export__158706515" "-exportOptionsPlist" "/Users/vagrant/deploy/export_options.plist" | xcpretty
❌  error: exportArchive: No profiles for 'com.company.division.MySecretProject-Ent' were found
If you can't find the reason of the error in the log, please check the raw-xcodebuild-output.log
The log file is stored in $BITRISE_DEPLOY_DIR, and its full path
is available in the $BITRISE_XCODE_RAW_RESULT_TEXT_PATH environment variable
IDEDistribution.critical.log:
2018-04-06 07:37:15 +0000 [MT] Step failed: <IDEDistributionSigningAssetsStep: 0x7f8c77fcb0d0>: Error Domain=IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepErrorDomain Code=0 "Locating signing assets failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Locating signing assets failed., IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepUnderlyingErrors=(
    "Error Domain=IDEProfileLocatorErrorDomain Code=1 \"No profiles for 'com.company.division.MySecretProject-Ent' were found\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No profiles for 'com.company.division.MySecretProject-Ent' were found, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Xcode couldn't find any iOS In House provisioning profiles matching 'com.company.division.MySecretProject-Ent'. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.}"
)}

When I set the stack back to the previous version, “Xcode 9.2.x, on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)”, then it works fine. So, the error that is generated (no profiles found) is not the real cause, just hiding an underlying issue.

Any ideas?

Should staff want to take a look; it’s the “truck” project in my account, and I’ve set it accessible to staff.

Hi @bvankuik,

Unfortunately we don’t have enough info here to be able to help you.

Can you please either fill out a #issues:build-issues report at http://discuss.bitrise.io/c/issues/build-issues or contact our support via the onsite chat on bitrise.io or via email? That’ll help us to provide the most efficient & quickest support to you, sorry for the inconvenience.