Xcode 9 archiving failure - Code Signing Error: No profiles for ‘x’ were found

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Archiving step fails with the log below:

Code Signing Error: No profiles for ‘com.fishtrack.app’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘com.fishtrack.app’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.

https://www.bitrise.io/build/e82a99ff841fe8ef

Environment:

Certificate And Profile Installer v1.9
App Store Archive 2.3.2: auto-detect

Thanks for reporting @trick14, our dev team is looking into this! :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, with build https://www.bitrise.io/build/2dabdf8be6dbf6d1

I already tried to replace the generated export_options.plist by the plist generated by Xcode (with automatic signing), but the error is still there. The profile that Xcode cannot find is definitely installed (see top of log) and is used sucessfully when archiving with Xcode on my dev machine.

It works when using the export_options.plist that Xcode generates when doing an export with manual signing. I’m trying to narrow it down to the necessary settings that are missing from Bitrise’s generated plist.

If I take the Bitrise-generated plist and add <key>signingStyle</key><string>manual</string>, it works. The isse is that according to xcodebuild -help, the provisioningProfiles key is ignored if signingStyle is not manual.

Check out this

Xcode 9 GM - Failed to create target code sign properties mapping, error - #45 by viktorbenei

You will find enough info which Bitrise is missing.

1 Like

Hi,

sorry for the issues with the Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step and thanks for all the reports, and lettings us test with your projects.

We released a new version (2.3.3) of Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step.

Changes:

• fixed scheme - application target mapping
  • fixed target - provisioning profile mapping
  • handle if archive used NON xcode managed profile
  • prefer archive team, if multiple code sign groups found

Please also update the Certificate and Profile Installer step to the new version: 1.9.1.

It is not fixed in the latest version of steps.

@trick14 please include the build’s log / url and we’ll check it ASAP!

It seems seems the source of the issue was a missing provisioning profile. Even if you use Automatically manage singing in your project you need to upload the managed profile to archive successfully.

1 Like

Thanks! I removed our custom export_options.plist content after upgrading to the new step versions and it works as expected :tada:

1 Like