iOS app build gets uploaded but ship reports ERROR

Hey, not sure where else to post this, maybe move this to a proper bugs section please…

When trying to upload my latest ios build with ship I receive the error:
parameter ErrorMessage = ERROR ITMS-3000: “Line 739 column 88: element “in_app_purchases” incomplete; expected element “in_app_purchase” or “subscription_group””

(couldn’t figure out what is wrong with my configuration yet)

Anyway apple still reports that the upload was successful and is available for testflight

In general I think the ship feature is confusing for iOS because usually there are two steps involved. Either I want to upload a new build to the app store connect, or I want to release a new version, this I can do by supplying the description images and other metadata and then assigning a build to this release number.

It is not quite clear what should happen when i click the publish button on ship

br

Hi Phillip -

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. Can you please post this in the ISSUES category? This category is for feature requests.

As an alternative, you might want to start a conversation with the support team. You can do this from your dashboard by clicking on the purple circle icon in the lower left.

Either way, it would be helpful to also provide the log as well.