Gradle runner step build time significantly increases with same config

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

We have found the build time of step “gradle-runner@1.9.0” in our workflow significantly increased from 10 mins to 26 mins in Bitrise CI. The comparison is run on the same config.
Does the build machine downgrade for developer plan?
Originally the success builds can finish in 36 mins and this issue causes all our builds are timeout(plan limit is 45 mins) since early August.
I didn’t see this issue before August.
Support access is enabled in our project, you should be able to see our build is starting timeout since August 2.

Below are two builds with the same config and commit hash.

Timeout build:

Success build:




  • Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : August 1-2

Local reproduction

_Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried._No

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

_Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( Bitrise CLI )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on Related guide: Redirecting… ._No

Build log

Timeout build:

Success build

Hi @macashier,

Really sorry to hear about the delay and also about you experiencing the issue in the first place.

What I initially like to ask is to give a try if it makes any difference when you use the Android Build for UI Testing step to run the same commands (as opposed to the Gradle Runner)

And please try to use the LTS Android stack, to see it would make a difference and in what direction, it would greatly help us in understanding what could cause this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding so far!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.