Android builds suddenly started to take too much time

Description of the issue

I have 2 Android apps configured to be built. Yesterday builds for one of them started to take too much time. I’m on free plan, but have 20 minutes limit because of referrals. Usually my builds take like 10-12 minutes, now one of the apps doesn’t fit in 20 minutes, looks like it stuck on Calling mockable JAR artifact transform to create file: /root/.gradle/caches/transforms-2/files-2.1/b66646254b384f467d3e99bbba4e7a2e/android.jar with input /opt/android-sdk-linux/platforms/android-28/android.jar command for at least good 5 minutes. Other app (the same repo, different module) still builds without problems.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?
Standard Bitrise Machine, it’s “linux-docker-android”.

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

gradle-runner@1.9.1

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : every time, none of the apps’ builds is successful starting from yesterday.
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Yesterday

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? It cannot be reproduced, I’ve tried full clean build via Bitrise CLI and removing gradle caches.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: http://devcenter.bitrise.io/docker/run-your-build-locally-in-docker/ . Didn’t try to download Docker images locally, they are pretty heavy for my current Internet bandwidth.

Build log

Please copy paste the build’s bitrise.io URL here (or if the issue happens somewhere else then the full logs), or if you can’t share the url / log here then send the url or full log through a private channel (e.g. email - https://www.bitrise.io/contact ), with a link to the related Discuss issue. Sent via email.

Hi there @vionika!

Could you please send us the logfile and also enable Support Access (Enabling the Bitrise Support user for your app | Bitrise DevCenter)
so we might take a closer look at the issue? :slight_smile:

Hi. I’ve already sent logs to letsconnect@bitrise.io. Also, just enabled Support User.

@Roland-Bak update on this. I’ve bumped up gradle version from 5.4.1 to 5.6.4 and build finally squeezed into 18 minutes. 15 minutes is still gradle runner task and 8-9 minutes was taken exclusively by “Calling mockable JAR artifact transform to create file”. For me it feels like slow I/O. Which is weird, because other app is not affected by anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.