Fastlane lane is not detecting snapfile

Hi,

I am trying to get snapshot running in a workflow. It all seems to be working but the snapfile being loaded in the log looks like its set by bitrise and the wrong target is being selected (Pods-####-UITests), instead of the one from snapfile (Staging) which is also defined in the fastfile in the test lane.

It should be like this

Should I add any extra step for this to work? It works on the command line locally.

1 Like

Hi @jarryd,

Thanks for asking this here! :slight_smile:

If you use our fastlane step that does not change any configuration or any file in your repository. All it does is it updates the installed fastlane (if required, based on the inputs you provide) and then runs the fastlane ... command. That’s pretty much all. You can also see the fastlane command it runs in the log.

If the wrong target is selected I think that’s because of a configuration which is not committed into your repository, or maybe a fastlane bug.

Can you please follow this guide How to debug your build locally / "It works on my Mac/PC but not on bitrise.io" ? That should help you to reproduce the issue on your own Mac.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the guide on getting the CLI up and running.

So when I run the same workflow using the CLI, I get strange errors.

It seems to be looking for the wrong scheme, CI, which then fails the build.

10:07:51: — Step: default_platform —
10:07:51: ------------------------------
10:07:51: Driving the lane ‘ios test’ :rocket:
[10:08:46]: -------------------
[10:08:46]: — Step: is_ci —
[10:08:46]: -------------------

I’m not sure where this is coming from…

I got to the bottom of this. Legacy gitignore on fastlane files…

1 Like

Good catch @jarryd and thanks for sharing the solution! :slight_smile: