Is anyone else having issues with Sonar Scanner failing on Bitrise starting on 2023-08-29T05:00:00Z?
Starting on the morning of 2023-08-29T05:00:00Z Sonar Scanner began failing to perform analysis on our iOS project with a mix of Swift and Objective-C. The error given is
ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution java.lang.IllegalStateException: The compiler execution timed out, make sure that: * the analysis is running on appropriate hardware * eventual compiler license check over network is not taking too much time
This happens when using the SonarScanner step from the Bitrise library or when invoking
sonar-scanner directly in a bash script.
I did the following to try to identify the issue.
- Verified that when using the same settings and code, SonarQube’s sonar-scanner works as expected on local machines
- Upgraded the version of SonarScanner used by the Bitrise build step
- Ensured Java 17 was in use by setting the java version prior to running
- Verified all sonar properties were correct
- Switched from using the build step to a script step and invoked the pre-installed sonar-scanner.
- Switched to the Intel based Mac stack.
- Ran the same workflow and commit that worked in days prior
All of these produced the same errors.