Bitrise Xcode Build Issue

Hi.

I’m trying to build our iOS app.

I’m getting two errors with the xcode Archive step:

Code Signing Error: No profiles for 'io.X.Y' were found:  Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'io.X.Y'. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 11.4'

So I go in, and input the ids of the provisioning profile (which is wildcard matched) and the code signing identity in “force signing build settings” and this time I get the errors:

Code Signing Error: X has conflicting provisioning settings. X is automatically signed, but provisioning profile 26cb1012-ac5f-4935-bbe5-75897567065b has been manually specified. Set the provisioning profile value to "Automatic" in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 11.4'

So these seem to confict. First automatic signing is apparently disabled and i need to specify the profile, but then i specify the profile and then it says it’s automatically signed so I don’t need to specify it.

I can’t find the “build settings editor” that is mentioned in error.

Can you advise me how to fix this please?

Thanks

Wayne

Hi @shout,

If you use managed profiles please do NOT do this, do not force signing settings. Instead make sure the right signing files are available on bitrise.io , using our codesigndoc tool: iOS code signing - Bitrise Docs

Just run the tool, answer the questions then upload all the files it collects, as those are all required for the type you select.

Related previous thread & more info: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK / No profiles for 'com.org.app' were found: Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'com.org.app' - #2 by viktorbenei

If you’d have any questions just let us know! :slight_smile:

Hey @viktorbenei , thanks so much for the reply.

It looks like that tool is for Mac, right? I’m actually on Windows as we outsourced the coding off the app.

We’re hoping to get another Apple device shortly, but right now are stuck with Windows.

I have uploaded the Provisioning Profile and Code Signing Identity to the Code Signing tab.

The problem is that you did not upload all the required ones there - the error comes from Xcode directly and it states that it requires a signing file which is not available.

Let us know if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.