Capture error logs and send to slack

I’m exploring a way to report to slack the error descriptions of any given workflow.

Right now I have to go to the log and see what’s going on.
In Fastlane this is really simple, there’s an error lane that will have the exception error. But I can’t use it because there’s more setup in bitrise that can fail.

I’m trying to see if there’s a similar solution for bitrise.yml where I can post the error (or at least the last whatever lines of the error) that any given workflow/step made.

Is there any obvious way of doing this?
Think of a really complex yml file, I imagined some kind of exit point for all, but I can’t find it on docs… is this even possible?
Thanks you

post the error (or at least the last whatever lines of the error) that any given workflow/step made

As error you mean one which caused the first failure?

Hello @koral, yes in a similar way to Fastlane, that gives you the text log of the error first error that made the buld to fail… aka the log of the failed command (if its a build failure, you get that build console log)

any progress about this request?

So far my experiments with fastlane where unsuccessful.
Since the errors can happen before any given fastlane command (and we do use a lot the bitrise tooling).
I need something on bitrise environment that I can later funnel to slack.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.