Build slug missing in download logs button

Download Logs button on the build page points to https://www.bitrise.io/api/build//logs.json?&download=log
Which gives json with 404 error. After inserting build slug to the empty path part, file is downloaded properly.

1 Like

Hi @koral,
Thanks for reporting. We will check it ASAP.

@koral which browser and on which page (url)? So far we could not reproduce this issue.

It is reproducible in all the apps I’ve checked.
I mean DOWNLOAD LOGS button from the screenshot (visible after clicking LOAD FULL LOGS):

One of the build URLs: Bitrise - Mobile Continuous Integration and Delivery - iOS & Android Build Automation

Browser: Chrome/Chromium 62, both Linux and macOS.

Does it work if you’d click it before clicking Load Full Logs?

Download Logs should be available without loading Full Logs; these are separate functions, both available once the build finishes and the log is archived.

That said I tried to reproduce, Chrome 62, macOS, but so far it never happened.

@erosdome please check, might be related to user permissions? :thinking: maybe if the user is not an owner or admin in the project?

There is no such button before.
Here is how it looks like:

There is only green, “Download log” button (not logs). It works properly.

So to sum up, here are steps to reproduce:

1. Open a build page.
  2. Click “LOAD FULL LOGS”.
  3. Wait until it turns into “DOWNLOAD LOGS”
  4. Click it (not “Download log”).

BTW if those 2 buttons should perform the same action, shouldn’t their text be consistent?

1 Like

Ahh, OK, now I totally understand what you mean, thanks for the step by step repro! To be honest I didn’t even know that Load Full Logs once activated transform / changes to “Download Logs” O_O

I’m not sure when and why this was added. Initially, and this is how I always used these, the “load full logs” button simply disappeared after activation, I believe and the separate green Download log button was meant to provide the download functionality. I always used the green Download log to download the logs, didn’t even notice that Load Full Logs also changes to a download button after activation…

In any case I bumped this to the top of our task list for an inspection, thanks again for reporting @koral! :wink:

Hi @koral,

We released some changes which should fix all these issues. Please check it and feel free to hive us feedback.

1 Like