API: Add paging to builds log endpoint

Description of the feature request

Right now /apps/{APP-SLUG}/builds/{BUILD-SLUG}/log API doesn’t have a paging mechanism to get all log chunks from the beginning of the build. The maximum we can get is 50 chunks. Would be great to have the same logic as for other list APIs like builds/apps etc.

Use case / for what or how I would use it

It’s useful when you want to display logs for a build that was already started and has more than 50 log chunks. I plan to use it in my macOS client (GitHub - deszip/BitBot: Bitrise CI unofficial macOS client) to display logs for running builds.

Hello @igor.asharenkov

Thank you for the feature request!

Is there any updates?

No update yet! Remember, the more votes the more likely a feature request might be implemented. We do get quite a few feature requests though so it may take a while.

Keep checking.

Also remember, you should be able to use the expiring_raw_log_url in the response to download the entire log!

Thank You for answer.
But in case I request the url expiring_raw_log_url could I get really the full log or only first 50 chunks?

Hello @SLozenkov!

Using expiring_raw_log_url should get the full log, but let us know in case that would not work for some reason :slight_smile:

Hi @Roland-Bak,
if I’m getting it right expiring_raw_log_url contains full log only after build ends.
My case, and I assume what @SLozenkov is asking about, is getting log while build is running. Now we can get only 50 lines and if log is already longer and build hasn’t finished what we can do is display what we have and reload log after build is finished.