Build schedule has changed on DST transition

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

It seems that scheduled builds are triggered one hour after expected time.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

On Bitrise.io: Android stack

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

N/A

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : N/A
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : N/A
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : N/A
  • When did the issue start? : probably 31.03.2019 02:00 GMT+1

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

N/A

Build log

Last build on proper hour: https://app.bitrise.io/build/a308cdfba30ffd36 (failed but it is irrelevant to this issue).

First postponed trigger: https://app.bitrise.io/build/08cb1de648b927f4

Hy @koral
Thanks for reporting it, I created a card for the webteam to handle it, I hope they can do something about it today!!

Is there any update?

Hy Koral, sorry for not getting back, we checked out the issue, and it seems to be a one time bug :thinking: my older setups work fine and a new set up worked as it should as well. so there was no card created at the end.

If I understand correctly what is happening and you didn’t fix anything then issue will reappear on next DST transition (in October in Europe). You need to have timezone which observes DST set at the time of setup and do the check after transition to or from DST to reproduce this issue.

For example, that linked app was set up when there was no DST, after transition to DST build schedule time has changed.

Hy Koral, so we realised in the mean time, that in the US the time change is several weeks after then in Europe, and that is why this issue is an issue, I updated the card and set a higher prio so it will be fixed before winter :upside_down_face:

I don’t know what is the logic behind that, so I may be wrong.
From the observed effects I guess that build trigger uses UTC under the hood and only when hours and minutes need to be displayed on the web UI they are converted to local times using timezone provided by the browser.
So in my case: I scheduled my trigger few months ago to 05:00 (AM) (in Europe/Warsaw timezone, which was GMT+1 then), now it is 06:00 (because currently there is a DST and offset changed to GMT+2). If I change my timezone to Asia/Tokyo it will be 13:00.
They all represent the same moment in time. However, I expect that build will be always triggered at the same hour in local time in timezone of which it was scheduled.

Uh we will definitely investigate this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.