Description of the issue
The Xcode 11.6 stack is using an older version of brew cask and core
* brew: Homebrew 2.4.7 Homebrew/homebrew-core (git revision fba9; last commit 2020-05-28) Homebrew/homebrew-cask (git revision 92f13; last commit 2020-05-27)
than the Xcode 11.5 stack
* brew: Homebrew 2.4.7 Homebrew/homebrew-core (git revision 1c6836; last commit 2020-07-16) Homebrew/homebrew-cask (git revision 9e6cc5; last commit 2020-07-16)
On the Xcode 11.6 stack it also isn’t possible to run
brew update. Running with remote access and running
brew doctor gives the following warning
vagrant@prd-atl-std-b-xcode-11-6-200728134735-3aTCgwTYj3atcpRaYS3A3f ~ % brew doctor Please note that these warnings are just used to help the Homebrew maintainers with debugging if you file an issue. If everything you use Homebrew for is working fine: please don't worry or file an issue; just ignore this. Thanks! Warning: Suspicious https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core git origin remote found. The current git origin is: https://github.com/bitrise-io/homebrew-core With a non-standard origin, Homebrew won't update properly. You can solve this by setting the origin remote: git -C "/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-core" remote set-url origin https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core
Because of this I am unable to update carthage to 0.35.0 which has a required fix to support handling precompiled binaries from different version of swift.
Xcode 11.6 stack
- Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : No
Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the
Cache:Pushsteps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the
Settingstab of the app. : No
- Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
- Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : No
- When did the issue start? : When I updated to use the Xcode 11.6 stack
Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds
This is the important part.
brew update does nothing and
brew update carthage don’t know that there’s a new version available.
+ brew update ==> Homebrew is run entirely by unpaid volunteers. Please consider donating: https://github.com/Homebrew/brew#donations Updated 1 tap (wix/brew). ==> Updated Formulae wix/brew/applesimutils + brew upgrade carthage Warning: carthage 0.34.0 already installed