Bitrise client for Android

Hi all!

I’m loving Bitrise but me and my team were missing a certain feature: Bitrise client for Android. So I made one.

I am kinda worried about the API though. I know you’ve been working on it for a while now, but it’s version is still 0.1. I hope you won’t cease support of it. I am missing some crucial endpoints.

I’m considering open sourcing it, maybe releasing it as a free app on Google Play. Would that be ok with you?

Please tell me if you are unhappy with me using your brand identity or anything I wrote.

6 Likes

We definitely don’t plan to remove the 0.1 version, don’t worry :slight_smile:

Why it’s still 0.1? Mostly because of the missing endpoints like login or build trigger - we’re working on those! - which means it’s still “chaning” technically. I don’t except any breaking changes, but we can’t guarantee that just yet either.

Definitely! Just please contact us before you’d release it, so that we can sort out some minor branding related questions which we have to deal with :slight_smile: Minor things like the title of the app (make it sure the title does not imply that it’s an official client), and the usage of the Bitrise logo, nothing that would require you to change the app in a significant way :wink:

btw personally I love the “running” icon :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha, couldn’t find any better!

1 Like

@viktorbenei The app and it’s source code is available here:

You can download v0.9 (prerelease) and check it out. The app is called “Bitrise Unofficial” and there’s annotation in the splash screen that says “Unnofficial Bitrise Android client”. If you don’t like the logo in the splash screen, I’ll change it ASAP.

The app’s logo itself is custom.

Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the source code, I’m sure it will help others in the future! :wink:

@viktorbenei So, do you guys have any objections against releasing it to the Play Store?

2 Likes

I’ll try to get the approval ASAP!

2 Likes

Got the approval, Title, “unofficial” text, app icon :+1:

It’s OK as long as it’s clear that it’s not an official client app - which definitely should be from the text at the bottom :slight_smile:

Feel free to go ahead and publish it, great job! :tada: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for mentioning me on a blog post, super nice of you! :slight_smile:

nice app - one question:

whats the reason to list ios apps within the android client ?

@mgursch Thanks man! Well, I wanted to mimic Bitrise’s functionality as much as possible. It’s useful to be able to lookup build statuses and logs of every app, not just the Android ones. Also, I’m currently working on build triggering/canceling.

1 Like

Is it not public anymore? Above link 404’s

@josonodes Sorry, my bad, public again!

1 Like

@viktorbenei We’ve just published the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.stanwood.bitrise

4 Likes

Awesome job @milosz, thanks for sharing! :wink:

Bitrise Unofficial v1.2 released!

A minor release but contains, along with some stability improvements, a very desired feature: build triggering!

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the update @milosz! Looks fantastic! :wink:

Bitrise Unofficial v1.3 released!

Changelog:

1. Users can mark apps as favorites.
  2. Fixed build timestamps ignoring user’s timezone.
  3. Fixed login screen popping up on first app start
  4. Fixed crash when downloading artifact on Android 6
  5. Several minor fixes and improvements

Links:
Google Play
Github

3 Likes

Awesome release, thanks for sharing @milosz :wink: