Allow hiding workflow from Start Build screen

Description of the feature request

Make defaults hidden by default from the “start screen”.

Use case / for what or how I would use it

Most of my workflows are supporting/reused for other workflows that would never be called on their own. Examples are “pre_build” and “post_build” or “post to slack” which are a way to share settings between other workflows.

When starting a new build, having all these options could confuse users and just clutter the list.

Hi @john.mejia ,

Thanks for your feature request! Currently we have a solution that would be a bit similar except for the hiding of the workflow part :slightly_smiling_face: It is called the utility workflow Basically you can create utility workflows simply by adding an underscore to the beginning of the workflow’s name. You can read our devcenter article about it here: Workflows in YAML | Bitrise DevCenter
Also here’s a screenshot how a utility workflow looks like on the UI:

Let me know if this also suits your needs or if this wouldn’t work for you and you’d want to hide the utility workflows :nerd_face:

1 Like

This is perfect, thanks! @tamasbazsonyi

Great, I’m really happy to hear that you like it @john.mejia ! :nerd_face:If you have no objections I’ll close this feature request then! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did set a timer to auto close one month after the last reply :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.