Xcode UI Test Build for testing fails

I’m trying out the new unit testing build step. Now, our project compiles just fine normally but I’ve put in the new build for testing step and I get a series of errors.

error: There are no accounts registered with Xcode. Add your developer account to Xcode (in target 'Multi App UI Tests')

Then an error saying it can’t find a provisioning profile for the test target and then an exit with error code 65.

Then Error writing xctestrun file: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The folder “Multiple Society App_iphoneos12.1-arm64e.xctestrun” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/GDPC_First_Aid-dgryfgbfadrustfujbmiqgrczphc/Build/Products/Multiple Society App_iphoneos12.1-arm64e.xctestrun, NSUserStringVariant=Folder, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fab1def0550 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}

I was using the auto-provision step, but I tried switching it out for the old certificate and profile installer with no luck.

I tried copy pasting the xcodebuild command that Bitrise runs for the build-for-testing step and running locally and it works just fine. Struggling to work out what is going on here. No idea why I would be getting provisioning errors when exporting and uploading to the app store works just fine normally in this workflow.

Any ideas?

Hi @MattCheetham,

Sorry to hear about these issues. Can you please include a build URL for us to be able to look into this?

Hello there!
The thing here is that the auto provisioning only gets the profile for the main target, and you use a different target for UI test, so I would recommend the certificate and profile installer here.

In the future we will add this feature for the auto provision step as well but now it is just not possible.:confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.