XCode stack - Parallel Beta and GM stacks

Description of the feature request

When selecting a Xcode stack we don’t know if we will use a Beta or GM stack.
As a result, if a Beta stack gets used, the binary will fail on Apple Side showing the following error:

ITMS-90111: Invalid Toolchain - Your app was built with a beta version of Xcode or SDK. Apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the GM version of Xcode 10.1 and the SDK for iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.1, Xcode 7.1 and the SDK for tvOS 9, or Xcode 6 and the SDK for macOS 10.9 or later. If you are using an Xcode beta version to test your app, make sure you are using the latest supported version. For more information about supported beta versions, view the App Store Connect What’s New page (Latest News - Apple Developer).

I would like to be able to force GM or Beta and not have a mix of both. For release apps, I obviously want to use the latest stable stack.

Can you provide a solution so it is not ambiguous anymore ?

Maybe a Beta and GM branches running in parallel.

Use case / for what or how I would use it

For deploying to the app store. Beta stack cannot be used for this.

Hi @koxon,

Thanks for the #feature-request! We’re sorry about the confusion.

A beta version is provided until there is no GM version, and after the GM is released there is no beta version because there is virtually no need for it afterwards.

This post was made in the 1-2 day period, while the GM 11.4 was released, but not yet available on Bitrise.

When a new version is available, we announce it here at #changelog, on our public slack and we do send a newsletter too, so make sure to watch out for those or just contact us to be informed of the current state :slight_smile: