Xcode Build -> Archive Failed

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I’m having this issue when building iOS app… I was working in pervious month and it started happening just today… I removed Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps and it’s still failing…

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

xcode-archive

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

E.g.: Git Clone v3.6.0

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? :
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : 21 Oct 2020

Local reproduction

I can build archive successfully in my mac.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: http://devcenter.bitrise.io/docker/run-your-build-locally-in-docker/ .

Build log

Last lines of the Xcode’s build log:
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
<pb_encode.h>
/Users/vagrant/git/Pods/Target Support Files/nanopb/nanopb-umbrella.h:22:9: error: double-quoted include “pb_common.h” in framework header, expected angle-bracketed instead [-Werror,-Wquoted-include-in-framework-header]
#import “pb_common.h”
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
<pb_common.h>
13 errors generated.
In file included from /Users/vagrant/git/Pods/GoogleDataTransport/GoogleDataTransport/GDTCCTLibrary/Protogen/nanopb/cct.nanopb.c:20:
/Users/vagrant/git/Pods/GoogleDataTransport/GoogleDataTransport/GDTCCTLibrary/Protogen/nanopb/cct.nanopb.h:22:10: fatal error: could not build module ‘nanopb’
#include <nanopb/pb.h>

14 errors generated.
** ARCHIVE FAILED **
The following build commands failed:
   SwiftCodeGeneration normal arm64
   CompileC /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FWD-bgxcgmvhimechibzxpkdigppmysq/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/FWD/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Release-iphoneos/GoogleDataTransport.build/Objects-normal/arm64/cct.nanopb.o /Users/vagrant/git/Pods/GoogleDataTransport/GoogleDataTransport/GDTCCTLibrary/Protogen/nanopb/cct.nanopb.c normal arm64 c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(2 failures)
You can find the last couple of lines of Xcode's build log above, but the full log is also available in the raw-xcodebuild-output.log
The log file is stored in $BITRISE_DEPLOY_DIR, and its full path is available in the $BITRISE_XCODE_RAW_RESULT_TEXT_PATH environment variable
(value: /Users/vagrant/deploy/raw-xcodebuild-output.log)
Archive failed, error: exit status 65

We have the same problem here, our apps start to failed with the same error.
There is a issue with Cocoapod and Xcode 12, but we are using xcode 11.2.x or 11.6.x for building.
https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/issues/9902

There is any workaround or a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Same problem here as well. Quite frustrating as I am trying to prove that Bitrise is a good solution, but I can not even get a simple build to work due this issue.

Build log

Last lines of the Xcode’s build log:
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
<pb_encode.h>
/Users/vagrant/git/Pods/Target Support Files/nanopb/nanopb-umbrella.h:22:9: error: double-quoted include “pb_common.h” in framework header, expected angle-bracketed instead [-Werror,-Wquoted-include-in-framework-header]
#import “pb_common.h”
^~~~~~~~~~~~~

Found the error… Xcode 12 and cocoapod has a conflict… update your pod to version 1.10.0 will fix the problem

1 Like

Thank you, however…

We are using Xcode 11.7 with CocoaPods 1.9.3. and have the same error.

2 Likes

Hello, have you found the solution?
We have tried to update the pod to version 1.10.0 but the error still occurs.
The Xcode version we are using is 11.7 on bitrise

1 Like

Hi @kevinlee
Can you please provide the build URL and enable Support Access?

Thanks
Chaitanya

manage to fix this by adding this code on my podfile

post_install do |pi|
          pi.pods_project.targets.each do |t|
              t.build_configurations.each do |config|
                  config.build_settings['CLANG_WARN_QUOTED_INCLUDE_IN_FRAMEWORK_HEADER'] = 'NO'
              end
          end
      end

Thank you for the work around for this!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.