Pods - Double quoted "" include framework header

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Unable to build at xcode-test@2 step because Pod files import modules using double quotes “”. Eg.:

#import “SomeModelue.h”

You can solve this in Pods-> Build Settings as shown in this article, but I can’t figure out where am I supposed to set an Xcode Build Setting with Bitrise.

I was able to build it successfully by using remote access and changing this setting in Xcode there, but I don’t know how I can do this for every build, as far as I understand, the builds are not made by the same computer necessarily right? This setting is correctly configured in my project so I would assume that when git clones my project all the settings remain the same when building it remotely, however, seems like that is not the case. I keep getting:

:x: /Users/vagrant/git/Pods/GoogleDataTransport/GoogleDataTransport/GDTCCTLibrary/Protogen/nanopb/cct.nanopb.h:22:10: could not build module ‘nanopb’
#include <nanopb/pb.h>

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? Xcode 12.3

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

xcode-test@2

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : YES
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : YES
  • When did the issue start? : first time use

Build log

I realized that one of the steps installed the pods every time I run it so that must have been messing up with the Pods.xcproj and that’s why my local and remote projects differed. Removing the step solved the issue.

Thank you for reaching out!

Glad you were able to resolve your issue, something to also consider if you’re still having issues is:

set CLANG_WARN_QUOTED_INCLUDE_IN_FRAMEWORK_HEADER to NO for all Pods build settings

https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/issues/9902

Take care!

Thi

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.