Unable to archive & export for iOS

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

The Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step isn’t working form me. I attempt to run the step directly after the iOS Auto Provision step succesfully runs. I have provisioning profiles for both app-store and development, as well as a valid code signing certificate. I try sshing into a box and enabling auto provisioning, but that doesn’t help either. It seems like I’m missing out on some key configuration here, but I’m not sure what

prd-std-b-xcode-11-1-191129161152-pFJu4e6d2QBWmERkEmj4WU:git vagrant$ set -o pipefail && xcodebuild "-workspace" "/Users/vagrant/git/ios/proj.xcworkspace" "-scheme" "proj_scheme" "-configuration" "Debug" "COMPILER_INDEX_STORE_ENABLE=NO" "archive" "-archivePath" "/var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/__archive__191499248/Proj.xcarchive" | xcpretty

❌  error: No profiles for 'com.proj' were found: Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'com.proj'. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild. (in target 'Proj' from project 'Proj')

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

prd-std-b-xcode-11-1-191129161152-pFJu4e6d2QBWmERkEmj4WU:git vagrant$ set -o pipefail && xcodebuild "-workspace" "/Users/vagrant/git/ios/Proj.xcworkspace" "-scheme" "Proj" "-configuration" "Debug" "COMPILER_INDEX_STORE_ENABLE=NO" "archive" "-archivePath" "/var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/__archive__191499248/Proj.xcarchive" -allowProvisioningUpdates | xcpretty

❌  error: There are no accounts registered with Xcode. Add your developer account to Xcode (in target 'Proj' from project 'Proj')

❌  error: No profiles for 'com.proj' were found: Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'com.proj'. (in target 'proj' from project 'proj')

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?
Bitrise IO standard mac

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : No
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : No
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : No

Local reproduction

Cannot be reproduced on my machine

Build 47 here:

Hi everyone, I solved this problem by setting Should the step try to generate Provisioning Profiles even if Xcode managed signing is enabled in the Xcode project? to false in the ios-auto-provision step

Hey there @Jim_Walker

Thank you very much for the followup and for the contribution! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.