Xcode 13 and "Manage Version and Build Number" option

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Xcode 13 introduced a new option “Manage Version and Build Number” that is checked by default when exporting an iOS archive.
The issue is that this option changes the version number in all the plist files in the project, including Frameworks.
In my project I need to export the archive whithout this option, but I don’t find how to do it within the xcode archive step (steps-xcode-archive)

Environment:

iOS project
Running on Xcode 13
bitcode activated
when trying to export app store version
(step : steps-xcode-archive)

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) :
    NO

• Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. :
    NO

• Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? :
    every time

• Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? :
    NO

• When did the issue start? :
    When we moved from Xcode 12.5.x build into Xcode 13 build

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( Bitrise CLI )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: Redirecting… .

Build log

Please copy paste the build’s bitrise.io URL here (or if the issue happens somewhere else then the full logs), or if you can’t share the url / log here then send the url or full log through a private channel (e.g. email - Contact us ), with a link to the related Discuss issue.

Hello,

Please try setting the new manageAppVersionAndBuildNumber property to false in your exportOptions.plist

Thank you for your response.

I just tested it and it’s working fine.

I now have some options ignored because I added CustomExportOptionsPlistContent into the step.
I will adjust my plist to get it work back like before.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for letting me now.

Now I have a favor to ask :smile: Can you provide the build url for a build where this was causing an issue? If you could also enable support access (under “Settings” tab) that would be great!

THANKS!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.