Windows stack support

From @simon2b on Fri Dec 16 2016 01:16:56 GMT-0500 (EST)

Hi,

Im interested in the possibility of running a windows stack for building platforms such as HoloLens, Vive, Windows Phone etc.

Is this something that is going to be feasible anytime soon?

Thanks

Copied from original issue: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise.io/issues/105

Thumbs up for that :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Is there any update on Windows support? It’s really messing with my karma to have CI on my Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS builds but I still have Old Skool Probelms with my UWP apps. Please, I’m beggin ya!

1 Like

We definitely have plans, but can’t commit to any date yet @freever

Hi, any update on that one? We would need Windows support within the next weeks and would be forced to move to another platform which I want to avoid.

Cheers

We definitely have plans, but can’t commit to any date yet @ThorstenBux

So nothing new still. I hoped you would have more concrete plans by now

We definitely have plans, but we also have to prioritize our resources. It’s definitely at the top of our list, but not planned for the upcoming weeks to start to work on it unfortunately.

@ThorstenBux did you find a solution for UWP builds? I’ve looked briefly at AppVeyor and Azure Mobile Center.

Hi @viktorbenei , any news on this feature? We have started a new project with both iOS and UWP components, so a platform with both Windows and iOS builds would be great. The easiest way that I can see would be a windows VM in an OSX container and the mac build agent connected. Or a windows container connected to a remote mac build agent.

No updates for providing windows VMs right now, sorry @pfaucon. It’s still planned but not scheduled yet.

The easiest way that I can see would be a windows VM in an OSX container and the mac build agent connected.

That might work! vagrant & VirtualBox should work just fine on the MacOS stacks, not sure about the Linux ones. Never tried Windows in VirtualBox but in theory that should work. I think Microsoft even has vagrant boxes of Windows for browser testing…

My company is going to deliver their app for Windows tablets apparently so we will need this feature.

1 Like

Thumbs up for that as well :+1:

Any chance there is an update on this since last year?

Cheers

I’m using Bitrise for Android and iOS Cordova builds… however Cordova also supports Windows (UWP) platform. Are there any updates on if Windows stack is likely to be supported by Bitrise going forward?

Hi @SimonWatt,

No updates for providing windows VMs right now, sorry

Hi,

We still don’t have the Windows stack on our roadmap.

Still, if anyone is interested in a Windows runner option, please sign up for a beta here.

See the documentation about the Runner option here.

Have a nice day!
Balazs