Use connected Apple Developer account in workflow steps

Description of the feature request

iOS Auto Provisioning works great with a connected Apple Developer Account. However, we still need to provide an iTunes user and password for workflow steps such as “Deploy to iTunes Connect”. It would be great to use the credentials of the connect account in these steps without additionally having to specify them.

Use case / for what or how I would use it

We use the “Deploy to iTunes Connect” step in all our projects and need to provide a secret for user name and password in addition to connecting an Developer account.

Great idea, thanks for the #feature-request @matthias.buchetics, I’d definitely love to see this happen! :wink:

Hi @matthias.buchetics, don’t forget to vote on your feature-request :wink:

1 Like

This should be easier now with the just released App Store Connect API

1 Like

Indeed it will be - as soon as they add Provisioning Profile management to the App Store Connect API we’ll start working on migrating everything to use the new API (unfortunately right now you can’t generate prov profiles with it, which is a primary use case for us).

Not sure what the status of this is but according to [1] the API supports: Manage bundle IDs, signing certificates, devices, and provisioning profiles. Not sure if that’s enough.

[1] https://developer.apple.com/app-store-connect/api/

Hey everyone!

Currently the two Deploy steps, Fastlane step, and AutoProvision steps all support their respective or both types of Apple Developer Portal account integrations, so I’m closing this thread. Feel free to submit another request if you feel like something’s still missing!