Upload Build to AppStoreConnect + p8 key

Since apple changed their authentication method I can’t use email/pass anymore to deploy the builds to the app store connect.

I changed it tu use API Key + p8 key but I keep getting this:

fastlane “deliver” “–api_key_path” “/var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/apiKey652589073/api_key.json” “–precheck_include_in_app_purchases” “false” “–app_identifier” “XXXXXXX” “–ipa” “/var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/ipaOrPkg071873596/tmp.ipa” “–skip_screenshots” “–skip_metadata” “–skip_app_version_update” “–force” “–platform” “ios”

[15:30:10]: Get started using a Gemfile for fastlane Setup - fastlane docs

[15:30:26]: Sending anonymous analytics information

[15:30:26]: Learn more at fastlane docs

[15:30:26]: No personal or sensitive data is sent.

[15:30:26]: You can disable this by adding opt_out_usage at the top of your Fastfile

[15:30:26]: Creating authorization token for App Store Connect API

Looking for related GitHub issues on fastlane/fastlane…

[!] The request could not be completed because:

Authentication credentials are missing or invalid. - Provide a properly configured and signed bearer token, and make sure that it has not expired. Learn more about Generating Tokens for API Requests Redirect: App Store Connect API documentation - Generating Tokens for API Requests

If you have issues, use the latest prerelease version of fastlane.

Set the fastlane version input to “latest” to enable prerelease versions.

Deploy failed, error: exit status 1

Not sure what to do, the settings are:
Bitrise Apple Developer Connection off
API Key: URL file://bitrise/some_folder/myKey.p8 (this is just for test I know it shouldn’t be here. file downloaded from the developer portal)
API Key: Issuer ID: My Issuer ID from the developer portal

Deploy to Itunes Connect Version: 2.21.0

This workflow is supposed to be used with multiple accounts so I can’t really link my bitrise account to the apple developer portal since I’d need multiple ones.

EDIT:
One thing that I noticed reading Using App Store Connect API - fastlane docs is that to create a valid token you need:

• key_id
  • issuer_id
  • key_filepath

But bitrise step to upload to app store connect does NOT have an option to set the key_id which is very confusing and probably why my authentication doesn’t work