Unable to deploy into testflight

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Please describe the issue here

I want to upload app to testflight so i use Deploy to iTunes Connect - Application Loader

and here are Input variables
Steps Variables

$EMAIL_APP => my apple dev email
$PASSWORD => apple account password
$APPLE_PASSWORD => i generated it from here

then save it

After all I got this error

Error: Error uploading ‘/Users/vagrant/deploy/orderApp.ipa’.
2021-09-20 14:02:32.747 altool[18634:46985] *** Error: code -1011 (Failed to authenticate for session: (
“Error Domain=ITunesConnectionAuthenticationErrorDomain Code=-22938 “Sign in with the app-specific password you generated. If you forgot the app-specific password or need to create a new one, go to appleid.apple.com” UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Sign in with the app-specific password you generated. If you forgot the app-specific password or need to create a new one, go to appleid.apple.com, NSLocalizedDescription=Sign in with the app-specific password you generated. If you forgot the app-specific password or need to create a new one, go to appleid.apple.com, NSLocalizedFailureReason=App Store operation failed.}”
) Authentication failed.)
Uploading IPA failed: exit status 1

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?
On Bitrise - Deploy workflow

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Deploy to iTunes Connect - Application Loader

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : YES/NO

NO

Build log

Error: Error uploading ‘/Users/vagrant/deploy/orderApp.ipa’.
2021-09-20 14:02:32.747 altool[18634:46985] *** Error: code -1011 (Failed to authenticate for session: (
“Error Domain=ITunesConnectionAuthenticationErrorDomain Code=-22938 “Sign in with the app-specific password you generated. If you forgot the app-specific password or need to create a new one, go to appleid.apple.com” UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Sign in with the app-specific password you generated. If you forgot the app-specific password or need to create a new one, go to appleid.apple.com, NSLocalizedDescription=Sign in with the app-specific password you generated. If you forgot the app-specific password or need to create a new one, go to appleid.apple.com, NSLocalizedFailureReason=App Store operation failed.}”
) Authentication failed.)
Uploading IPA failed: exit status 1

Hey @viktorbenei!
Can you please help me in this case?

Hello,

Can you provide a build url and enable support access (under the “Settings” tab)?

Also, make sure to check what the “Bitrise Apple Developer Connection” step input is set to. The default is “automatic”

The input determines the method used for Apple Service authentication. By default, any enabled Bitrise Apple Developer connection is used and other authentication-related Step inputs are ignored.

There are two types of Apple Developer connection you can enable on Bitrise: one is based on an API key of the App Store Connect API, the other is the Apple ID authentication. You can choose which type of Bitrise Apple Developer connection to use or you can tell the Step to only use Step inputs for authentication:

• automatic : Use any enabled Apple Developer connection, either based on Apple ID authentication or API key authentication. Step inputs are only used as a fallback. API key authentication has priority over Apple ID authentication in both cases.
  • api_key : Use the Apple Developer connection based on API key authentication. Authentication-related Step inputs are ignored.
  • apple_id : Use the Apple Developer connection based on Apple ID authentication and the Application-specific password Step input. Other authentication-related Step inputs are ignored.
  • off : Do not use any Apple Developer Connection. Only authentication-related Step inputs are considered.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for response
Yeah make sense
I just set it to ‘off’ and the build success and deploy to test flight

But the issue is they sent an older version of the app!
I’m ensuring the GitHub branch I set is updated!

Is there any explanation for that?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.