Deploy to iTunes Connect - Application Loader v0.9.1

We have released a new step named: “Deploy to iTunes Connect - Application Loader” (0.9.1)

Uploads binaries (.ipa / .pkg files) to iTunes Connect
using the Apple’s Application Loader.

Setup guide and notes:

• Register an app on iTunes Connect, on the My Apps page. Click on the plus sign and select the New App option. This requires an admin account.
  • Requires an app signed with App Store distibution Provisioning Profile.
  • Every build which you want to push to iTunes Connect have to have a unique build and version number pair (increment either or both before a new deploy to iTunes Connect).
2 Likes

Trying to deploy my app using Deploy to iTunes Connect - Application Loader v0.9.4 on Xcode 11.0.x, on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave)

Got this error:

$ /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Applications/Application Loader.app/Contents/Frameworks/ITunesSoftwareService.framework/Support/altool “–[REDACTED]-app” “-f” “/Users/vagrant/git/platforms/ios/build/smbhire.ipa” “-u” “[REDACTED]” “-p” “[REDACTED]”

Uploading IPA failed: fork/exec /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Applications/Application Loader.app/Contents/Frameworks/ITunesSoftwareService.framework/Support/altool: no such file or directory

Any suggestions for fix?

Hi @dharnitski!

This might be expected because the beta stack is meant for testing, not releasing, but can you include your build URL anyhow? :slight_smile:

@bitce just stumbled across this thread myself after running into the same issue. While the beta track certainly isn’t for releasing to production, Test Flight does require that we upload to App Store Connect, usually using the Application Loader.

What’s the recommended way in Bitrise to upload beta builds to Test Flight? Need to be able to test iOS 13 features with my beta testers before Xcode 11 and iOS 13 hit public release.

Hi @slopesapp! :slight_smile:

We actually have a pretty neat guide that leads you through step-by-step about deploying to TestFlight:

Getting started with iOS apps | Bitrise DevCenter

@Roland-Bak Yep, that’s exactly what I’m using when I see this error, hence my reply here to this thread. It seems to not be supported on the beta Xcode 11 track, but then how are we supposed to get builds out to our TestFlight testers from June - September while Apple allows us to test and ship test versions of their new OS + features?

Relevant log:

| (7) deploy-to-itunesconnect-application-loader |
±-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id: deploy-to-itunesconnect-application-loader |
| version: 0.9.4 |
| collection: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git |
| toolkit: go |
| time: 2019-08-05T16:53:57Z |
±-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| |
e[34;1mConfig:e[0m

• IpaPath: /Users/vagrant/deploy/App.ipa
  • PkgPath:
  • ItunesConnectUser: [REDACTED]
  • Password:
  • AppPassword: *****

e[34;1mGet Xcode pathe[0m
xcode-select “-p”
Xcode path: /Applications/Xcode-beta.app

e[34;1mUploading - App.ipa …e[0m
$ /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Applications/Application Loader.app/Contents/Frameworks/ITunesSoftwareService.framework/Support/altool “–upload-app” “-f” “/Users/vagrant/deploy/App.ipa” “-u” “[REDACTED]” “-p” “[REDACTED]”
e[31;1mUploading IPA failed: fork/exec /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Applications/Application Loader.app/Contents/Frameworks/ITunesSoftwareService.framework/Support/altool: no such file or directorye[0m

Hey there!

Are you experiencing the same problem with the fastlane deliver action? This method you’ve pasted will likely not be working anymore since apple removed the Application Loader in the latest beta.

A fix is in the works: https://github.com/bitrise-steplib/steps-deploy-to-itunesconnect-application-loader/pull/10

Hopefully this will be merged today.

1 Like