Selected device is not present in provisioning profile

Hi.

I decided to give Bitrise a try and configure it for my macOS app. I successfully managed to provide repository and configure it. I chose Development as Export method. Then I provided provisioning profile and certificate using Codesigndoc. However, whenever I try to build, it shows this error at xcode-test-mac@1 version 1.4.1 step:
error: Provisioning profile ā€œMac Team Provisioning Profileā€ doesnā€™t include the currently selected device ā€œ(device here)ā€ (identifier (device identifier here)). (in target ā€˜appā€™ from project ā€˜appā€™)
I tried adding device using device identifier to provisioning profile from Developer Portal, but it shows that it is wrong. I searched this forum and saw some people have the same issue, but there were no solutions.

I think that the solution might be auto provisioning. I checked Bitrise documentation about it, but it is apparently only for iOS. Could someone tell me how I can configure auto provisioning or tell me any other solution and guide to this problem.

The environment is Xcode 12.5.x on macOS 11.4 (Big Sur).

Thank you in advance.

Hello there Wiktor,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the issue.

Can you please send us the log file or the URL of the related build and also enable Support Access on the Settings tab of the app ( https://devcenter.bitrise.io/troubleshooting/enabling-bitrise-support-user/ ) so that we can take a more in-depth look?
Iā€™d be happy to check some configs, and get back to you as soon as I have something.

Hello Wiktor,

Thank you for the information!

I checked your logs and it does seem like the device is not listed in the code signing files on your Code Signing tabs, so I was wondering if you could still give iOS Auto Provisioning a try, as it might not be stricly for iOS, but more for Apple related Code Signing in general.

Hopedully it should work just the same! :slight_smile:

Hello,

Please review and follow the instructions found at:

https://devcenter.bitrise.io/getting-started/getting-started-with-macos-apps/#code-signing-and-exporting-a-macos-app

You may also wish to review the whole section on ā€œGetting started with MacOS appsā€.

Please let me know the results along with the build url.

Thanks,
Cathy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.