Option to Auto Retry/Rebuild When Build Fails

Ability to set option to auto-retry a build when it fails

For several cases, we have observed that Xamarin Android builds fail to find the proper SDK & then fail the build. However, a simply rebuild will fix the issue in most cases.

0 Likes

Retry mechanism on tasks

Hello there!

Thanks for the feature request, also we found out that this issue is not happening on the Previous Hybrisd stable channel stack! :upside_down_face:

0 Likes

I think instead of doing a complete rebuild a step retry option would be better, as that would take less time.

Would that solve the issue you’re referring to @natedykens, if you could mark a specific step to be retried instead of retrying the whole build?

0 Likes

I am not sure if this would work or not, but we could try.
The reason I say this is because when I have the same issue locally (with Visual Studio) when trying to build, I have to close entirely out of the the solution/application & restart for it to work.
But I guess if all your builds are run via command-line, then I suppose it could work.

0 Likes

Thanks for the details!

We have a card in our backlog to allow retry on step level.

I think that should help, but if you want to test whether it would you could copy/duplicate the related failing step and then specify a run_if: .IsBuildFailed for the copy, which means to only run that step if a previous step would fail. Docs: https://devcenter.bitrise.io/tips-and-tricks/disable-a-step-by-condition/#running-a-step-only-if-the-build-failed

0 Likes

Hello @viktorbenei
Do you know if this evolution is scheduled for a release?
And if yes, in how much time do you think we’ll see this in production?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello there, I checked and this task got into the “ready to sprint” status 2 days ago, if everything goes well it should be released in the following weeks. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes