Xamarin iOS build started failing

Hi guys,

I have a build that started failing today for no obvious reason. It builds locally on the latest Xamarin stable stack. Here is my error:

"/Users/vagrant/git/SalesTALK.sln" (Build target) (1) ->
"/Users/vagrant/git/SalesTalkUtilities/SalesTalkUtilities.csproj" (default target) (3) ->
(_CompileToNative target) -> 
  MTOUCH : error MT2002: Failed to resolve "Amazon.SQS.Model.ReceiveMessageResponse" reference from "AWSSDK.SQS, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=885c28607f98e604" [/Users/vagrant/git/SalesTalkUtilities/SalesTalkUtilities.csproj]

Here is my failed build: https://www.bitrise.io/build/e8c55a74a07da7c7

Can you point me in the right direction? This is holding up beta deployment.

Thanks in advance
Joe

1 Like

Hi @joehanna,

From the log:

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "AWSSDK.SQS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=885c28607f98e604" from Version "3.1.0.0" [] to Version "3.3.0.0" [/Users/vagrant/git/packages/AWSSDK.SQS.3.3.2.7/lib/Xamarin.iOS10/AWSSDK.SQS.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Can it be that you updated this dependency recently, or forgot to update some refs to it?

If that wouldn’t help:

1. Can you please test it on the Previous Xamarin, Visual Studio for Mac, Stable channel, on macOS stack?
  2. Can you please try at least the first section of How to debug your build locally / "It works on my Mac/PC but not on bitrise.io" , to do a clean git clone into a new directory and run a test from there? The most frequent issues are related to build caches & files which are not under version control.

And let us know how it goes :wink: