Long Xcode build times

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

My project is fairly small and typically takes 2m30s to 2m45s to build. This was consistent for about a months worth of build (with the exception of it failing in a good way catching a problem in the code that didnā€™t pass a test). After Bitrise announce the macOS Infrastructure update on Jan 20th of this year my builds would sometimes hang during the testing and timeout at 10m. Changing nothing and only hitting rebuild would do a successful build.

On a close inspection, I could see in a successful build that my unit tests would take 1-10ms per test, and when the issue would happen all the tests would take consistently 60.03s to 60.2s causing my project to hit my free account timeout at 10min forcing the build to abort.

I had weeks of emails back and forth with support and they determined it was the projects fault. Even though I said multiple times that when this happens all I do is hit rebuild and it works without a single change to anything. Not one line of code, not one commit, not any setting in the CI of Bitrise for the project.

This problem just coincidentally happened at the same time as an infrastructure change.

So I figured I would reach out here to see if anyone has had a similar issue, or can help point me to something to try or check.

Environment:

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Xcode Test for Mac 1.4.0

Reproducibility

• _Does a ā€œRebuildā€ help? : YES
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : With a new commit it happens about 80% of the time.
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : Currently on the latest
  • When did the issue start? : Jan 20th

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (ā€œTesting with a full clean git cloneā€) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

Build log

Project

Specific Failing Build

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.