iOS code signing issue

Hi all,

I have an issue with code signing while archiving a build. I followed the code signing guide and uploaded all the needed certificates and provisioning profiles. The code signing works fine in the manual mode, when I select the needed profiles in Xcode. But it doesn’t work in the automatic mode, when I turn on “Automatically manage signing”. I tries 2 different approaches – fastlane (sign and gym) and Xcode Archive step, but the result was the same: “Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK”. Could you please suggest what am I doing wrong?

Here are full logs
fastlane: https://www.bitrise.io/build/74300386946e7b76
Xcode archive: https://www.bitrise.io/build/46def129f33e8c30

The issue is solved by creating new provisioning profiles and switching back to Xcode 8 stack.

Hi @alexander.savonin,

we released a new version (2.3.1) of Xcode Archive & Export for iOS step.
This version contains a lots of fixes related to the new provisioningProfiles node in the exportOptions.plist, please update to this version and let us know, how doest it work!

Hi @godreikrisztian,

I faced another issue with code signing. It works fine when I upload profiles manually in a project settings, but the code signing doesn’t work when a profile is downloaded and installed via “fastlane sigh” in a build process. Are there any restrictions for this tool?

My fault. Fastlane downloads only ad-hoc profile, but I need to import a wildcard manually.

1 Like

Glad to hear you managed to solve it @alexander.savonin, thanks for reporting! :slight_smile:

@viktorbenei is there any way to automate this process? We have a lot of app and we don’t want to be limited to 30 profiles. I tried to generate a development profile with fastlane sigh, but this profile doesn’t work. Is there something specific in a profile that is generated by the codesigndoc utility?

No provisioning profile is generated by codesigndoc, it just copies the files from ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles.

Is there something specific/special about the file? Yes, Xcode requires a wildcard development team prov profile, as far as I know. codesigndoc collects that one.