Internal error: failed to create or connect to the perfect build environment

Problem definition

Today our team started to face the issues with Bitrise builds. It’s reproductive for each workflow and GitHub branch we tried so far.

It looks like long preparation process for starting the flow (around 20-25 min) then the build fails in an aborted state. Once the current build gets aborted previously aborted build gets restarted and fails again (falling in the aborted state). It’s kind of an infinite loop of aborting-restarting.

The error I see is "Internal error: failed to create or connect to the perfect build environment. Don’t worry, build should restart soon."

I can’t attach logs because there is no logs (the build even not starting) but I can share the build parameters:
{"commit_hash":"6xxx8","commit_message":"Merge pull request #xxx from xxx/dev\n\nRC","tag":"x.x.x","diff_url":"","commit_paths":[]}

Environment

Where did the issue happen?

Android & Docker, on Ubuntu 16.04

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

It happens right after “Preparation” step.

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help?NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help?NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time?every time.
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help?build never reach the build steps.
  • When did the issue start?4h ago.

Local reproduction

No, it starts fine via CLI.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

No, it starts fine via CLI.

Build log

There is no log. Build never started.

It is a known issue: https://status.bitrise.io/incidents/01knc34mqs21

2 Likes

Indeed, sorry for the inconvenience here as well. We’re working as fast as possible to resolve the issue. Right now we believe we now identified the issue & how to fix it, part of the production system is already refreshed and remained stable, waiting for the update to roll out to all parts of the Linux/Android worker system. Again, sorry about the issue, and please follow our status page (https://status.bitrise.io/incidents/01knc34mqs21) for updates, we’ll publish updates as we progress!

1 Like

We have currently the same Problem. It started today 4th June at around 10:20 for us.

@PSchu let’s continue on the onsite chat, I saw you wrote to us there - your issue is not related to this incident. Sorry for the inconvenience.