How to use test accounts from our staging environment which is behind our corporate firewall?

How to use test accounts from our staging environment which is behind our corporate firewall?

I am using test accounts in our L1 or live or production environment. But we don’t have enough scenarios covered in these accounts. So we want to start using accounts in our L2 or stage. We can create test accounts in this environment according to any requirement we want. These accounts are used for running our UI Automated tests.

Hi @ayachamaneni!

Can you please try to explain the technical difficulty you try to bridge here, more in-depth? I don’t clearly understand, unfortunately. Is your question about accessing a repository behind your firewall?

My question is about using test accounts that has data in a server that’s behind firewall. We use these test accounts to login to the app and perform UI Testing on Bitrise simulators.

Hi again,

This depends entirely on what tunnel you would be using.
If there is a CLI method to connect to the tunnel, or it can be done via API, it is possible to set up.

Please share more information about the requirements and the technical details of this configuration.

I think the word tunnel has directed this conversation in different direction. I was coming from background of sauce lab tunnel. https://wiki.saucelabs.com/display/DOCS/Sauce+Connect+Proxy

Let me rephrase my question: How does other users of bitrise use accounts that are in stage environment(behind firewall)?

Hi @ayachamaneni,

The short answer is that there is no single approach to accessing protected networks in Bitrise, as there are a variety of methods that can be used to restrict access, and we’d need to know exactly what protocol / technology is being employed here in order to provide a constructive answer. I’ve sent you an e-mail to take this conversation forward.

I haven’t got any email. Can you send an email to ayachamaneni@ancestry.com

Hi @ayachamaneni,

That is the e-mail address I attempted to contact you on. Could you please check your spam? In case contact via e-mail doesn’t work, could you please reach out to me on our public slack channel at bitrise.slack.com?

This is my personal email id linked to my corportate apps section on bitrise. Can you forward the email to rao.avi789@gmail.com?

This is my personal email id linked to my corportate apps section on bitrise. Can you forward the email to rao.avi789@gmail.com?

Hi @ahvth-bitrise @bitce @viktorbenei

#1 I don’t know whats a public slack channel. I am not able to figure out how to join one. This might be very basic I am sorry.

#2 Can you forward the email to rao.avi789@gmail.com