How to add step to run utility workflow in online editor?

Hello everyone,

I’ve created some simple utility workflows that I’d like to run in multiple workflows (primary, deploy, etc.).

I tried using Bitrise run step, however it requires the path to bitrise.yml which I don’t know.

Any tips how to do that?
Thanks!

You can download it from bitrise.io (bitrise.yml tab).

I’m missing the next step after I download it, could you expand on it?

Why am I supposed to download it if there is a fully-fledged online workflow editor?

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your intent.

If you just want to run the utility workflow in project where it is defined you can use Workflow before or Add workflow after buttons in editor.

If you want to run it as a part of its integration tests you need some bitrise.yml file and Bitrise run step. However you cannot run utility workflow alone, there has to be at least one regular workflow.

1 Like

you can use Workflow before or Add workflow after buttons in editor.

Okay, that helps. Most workflows start with

• Activate SSH key
  • Git clone
  • Cache pull
  • Flutter install

and end with

• Bitrise deploy
  • Cache push

This means that I get some composability with utility workflows and your recommendation.

you need some bitrise.yml file and Bitrise run step

Right! Well, I guess I’ll go with the first approach. Thanks! How do I go about marking your replay as answer? :slight_smile: Or is there some way to mark this discussion as resolved?

AFAIK in this category you can only use heart button to like the post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.