How can I triggered a delayed build job from another one?

Hi, we have an automated workflow that it is building and uploading our iOS app to iTunes, and then sending it to review.

However, iTunes takes quite some time to process the binary and a lot of the times our workflow dies before they do. Besides, having a worker waiting for 60 or 80min doing nothing is a waste of time. Ideally, I would like to have a step that triggers a different workflow but not immediately, but after some minutes (90’ for example). Is there any way I can do this? I am thinking about setting up a cronjob but I do not see apis or existing steps for it

Hello @angelolloqui :wave:

I think what you can do in this case is to schedule a build to upload your iOS App to iTunes, and then schedule another build that triggers 90 minutes later: Scheduling your builds | Bitrise DevCenter

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for answering @Roland-Bak

I am aware of the scheduled builds but in my case the releases are on premise, they are not scheduled but fired by the team at any random time/date, so scheduling is not enough.

Is there a way I can access the Api for the scheduling? If so maybe I could create the job using the Api as last step of the build process that does this automatically

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.