Disable build notifications via user profile toggle

I expect, similar to other services, that the Notification preferences allows controlling notifications. However, there’s no checkbox for globally disabling all build notifications on the profile notifications section.

Here’s an example from GitHub:

2 Likes

Thanks for the #feature-request @bootstraponline! Definitely a good idea!

In the meantime, you can control whether you want to get notifications for a single app or not with the Watch/Unwatch button on the app’s bitrise.io page. Not the same of course, just wanted to mention in case someone is looking for an existing option in the meantime. The API will also help, just added this to the WIP list there.

is the solution we’re currently using. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That works too, if you don’t want to receive build notification emails for any of your apps :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that’s the use case here. One checkbox to globally disable all notifications for a user account. :smile:

1 Like

Being in an agency, this could be really useful for us as well

1 Like

What I would like is an option to make notifications opt-in for new projects. Working in an agency there are a lot of projects under our company account that I have no interest in and they clutter up my inbox until I can go and unwatch them (which I only realised I could at all do recently)

2 Likes

This is pretty critical to organizations, especially a way to disable watching/email notifications from the email. Getting a lot of complaints within my company from folks who need to have access to the builds but who don’t want to set up email rules & don’t seem to find anything in the email messages to unsubscribe themselves.

Hi @abotkin-cpi, that’s great point! We are working on this, we’ll make sure to update this thread once we can!

Still waiting for the feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also waiting for this feature. Bitrise sends our team way too many emails (every build). We’re not too invested in Bitrise. Jenkins would give us much better control over this.

2 Likes

Waiting for this…
One more thing related to this:
I don’t mind receiving notifications related to project related to me. So I went to all projects of the organization and turned off “watching” individually. But when new project is added to the organization, it starts sending notifications. If you can add check box for “disable notification for new project” in user setting, that will be great…

2 Likes

And still waiting for this… How long?

1 Like

We are developing apps inside a big organization and every-time a new app is created, everyone in the org gets a notification.
From our point of view, notifications should be OFF by default.

1 Like

+1 for this feature. The email notifications are out of hand when you have multiple apps.

1 Like

I want to disable notification from every build only for me. How it possible?

So, over three years later. Nothing? Can you imagine a world where Github repo watching would work like this?

Hi @pehagg,

This feature, unfortunately, isn’t available yet, but what’s changed is that you’re no longer watching app by default that you are added to, to avoid receiving a lot of unwanted e-mails.

@bitce, yes but this doesn’t seem to be true for users with owner role. I added a new owner to the organization who isn’t part of the development team, with the end result that that person got spammed with emails. The only way to turn this off was to ask the person to unwatch the project.