Deploy to bitrise.io step should output public link to apks without requiring login

Deploy to bitrise.io step currenlty outputs (among other env. variables) $BITRISE_PERMANENT_DOWNLOAD_URL_MAP.
Fetching apks from these url-s requires login.

We would need to get urls that can be accessed without login so we can automate updating our landing page with direct link.
Like the ones on public install page (when clicking on “Download” button).

Maybe something like this exists but i checked the settings of this step and i could not find anything.

We would need this too, because now with the new format aab, the public page url no longer returns the public download link! They removed that since the apk>aab android package type migration.

But we need this because the first time the app is uploaded needs to be manual! So if its manual someone must be able to download it.

So it would be good that the permanent file download would be loginless, bacause its another person on the product team that is handling that part and just needs the file (no access to bitrise)

Thanks for the detailed feature request. I think I understand your use cases.

While the Public Install page is available without login into Bitrise, the permanent download link generated by the Deploy to Bitrise.io Step requires you to log in Bitrise to use it.

But even if the download button on the Public Install page is available without login, it doesn’t have a fixed download URL, so it can’t be used for automation.

We will figure out where this fits on our roadmap.
Please let me know if I misunderstood something :smiley:

Hello,

Exactly that. Because our pipeline broke when we moved to .aab file instead of .apk.

Before, we had a step that after deploy to bitrise would grab the permanent URL apk file and send to email that link, to our support agent responsible for app store /google play setup. That no longer works. Actually even with the public page the aab file no longer is there on the public page too I guess. Its just blank.

Now, someone has to access bitrise to grab the artifact manually, download it send it to that responsible person to publish.

That’s what right now we do, since there is no other way I believe, of course we could do a step to upload the file, but the link would be much more handy!

Thanks!

1 Like