Deploy-to-bitrise-io: group is not getting notified

notification
deploy

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I have a deploy-to-bitrise-io step which is supposed to notify testers group which my user is in. Yet after a build succeeded I hadn’t received any emails from Bitrise, here an excerpt from my build log:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| (1) deploy-to-bitrise-io@1.7.1                                               |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id: deploy-to-bitrise-io                                                     |
| version: 1.7.1                                                               |
| collection: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git                |
| toolkit: go                                                                  |
| time: 2019-09-17T19:18:02Z                                                   |
|                                                                              |
Config:
- BuildURL: https://app.bitrise.io/build/8f2452e454c217a5
- APIToken: [REDACTED]
- IsCompress: true
- ZipName: 
- DeployPath: [REDACTED]
- NotifyUserGroups: testers
- NotifyEmailList: 
- IsPublicPageEnabled: true
- PublicInstallPageMapFormat: {{range $index, $element := .}}{{if $index}}|{{end}}{{$element.File}}=>{{$element.URL}}{{end}}
- BuildSlug: 8f2452e454c217a5
- TestDeployDir: /var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/test_results911303979
- AppSlug: 06cdb74a26b7ac76
- AddonAPIBaseURL: [REDACTED]
- AddonAPIToken: [REDACTED]
- DebugMode: false
Deploying compressed Deploy directory
List of files to deploy
- /var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/__deploy-to-bitrise-io__783756989/screenshots.zip
Deploying files
Uploading file: /var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/__deploy-to-bitrise-io__783756989/screenshots.zip
creating artifact
  file size: 8MB
uploading artifact
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 8543k    0     0  100 8543k      0  16.5M --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16.5M
finishing artifact
is_enable_public_page is set, but public download isn't allowed for this type of file
Success
You can find the Artifact on Bitrise, on the Build's page: https://app.bitrise.io/build/8f2452e454c217a5
Upload test results
- uploading (0) test results
Success
|                                                                              |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| ✓ | deploy-to-bitrise-io@1.7.1                                    | 9.78 sec |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+

In the team settings, I can see that I have myself added as a tester:

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Bitrise.io (Xcode 10.3 stack)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

deploy-to-bitrise-io@1.7.1

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : First time I’m trying it

Build log

1 Like

Hi @nderkach-toptal,

So, “notification” could be a misleading word here, since what the step does is sending you e-mail for public install pages, created for your APKs and IPAs.

This build didn’t generate any apps, so there is no install page and therefore no e-mail sent to you either.

0 Likes

It would be great to have notifications work for any artifact type. The usecase I have is a workflow that generates app screenshots, for example - I’d like to notify designers once new screenshots are available.

0 Likes

@nderkach-toptal There are default build notifications sent by the website on success/failed/or based on both results, depending on your settings that can be effectively used to communicate this.

0 Likes