Deploy-to-bitrise-io: group is not getting notified

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I have a deploy-to-bitrise-io step which is supposed to notify testers group which my user is in. Yet after a build succeeded I hadn’t received any emails from Bitrise, here an excerpt from my build log:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| (1) deploy-to-bitrise-io@1.7.1                                               |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id: deploy-to-bitrise-io                                                     |
| version: 1.7.1                                                               |
| collection: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git                |
| toolkit: go                                                                  |
| time: 2019-09-17T19:18:02Z                                                   |
|                                                                              |
Config:
- BuildURL: https://app.bitrise.io/build/8f2452e454c217a5
- APIToken: [REDACTED]
- IsCompress: true
- ZipName: 
- DeployPath: [REDACTED]
- NotifyUserGroups: testers
- NotifyEmailList: 
- IsPublicPageEnabled: true
- PublicInstallPageMapFormat: {{range $index, $element := .}}{{if $index}}|{{end}}{{$element.File}}=>{{$element.URL}}{{end}}
- BuildSlug: 8f2452e454c217a5
- TestDeployDir: /var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/test_results911303979
- AppSlug: 06cdb74a26b7ac76
- AddonAPIBaseURL: [REDACTED]
- AddonAPIToken: [REDACTED]
- DebugMode: false
Deploying compressed Deploy directory
List of files to deploy
- /var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/__deploy-to-bitrise-io__783756989/screenshots.zip
Deploying files
Uploading file: /var/folders/6q/wgy6jtp12w5gzgm9lzcglpqw0000gn/T/__deploy-to-bitrise-io__783756989/screenshots.zip
creating artifact
  file size: 8MB
uploading artifact
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 8543k    0     0  100 8543k      0  16.5M --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16.5M
finishing artifact
is_enable_public_page is set, but public download isn't allowed for this type of file
Success
You can find the Artifact on Bitrise, on the Build's page: https://app.bitrise.io/build/8f2452e454c217a5
Upload test results
- uploading (0) test results
Success
|                                                                              |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| ✓ | deploy-to-bitrise-io@1.7.1                                    | 9.78 sec |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+

In the team settings, I can see that I have myself added as a tester:

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Bitrise.io (Xcode 10.3 stack)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

deploy-to-bitrise-io@1.7.1

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : First time I’m trying it

Build log

1 Like

Hi @nderkach-toptal,

So, “notification” could be a misleading word here, since what the step does is sending you e-mail for public install pages, created for your APKs and IPAs.

This build didn’t generate any apps, so there is no install page and therefore no e-mail sent to you either.

It would be great to have notifications work for any artifact type. The usecase I have is a workflow that generates app screenshots, for example - I’d like to notify designers once new screenshots are available.

@nderkach-toptal There are default build notifications sent by the website on success/failed/or based on both results, depending on your settings that can be effectively used to communicate this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.