Cordova App Build Fail: framework not found FileProvider for architecture i386

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Pasted the code block with the error below. I get this issue when I try to run my builds. I tried adding a provisioning profile and certificate to our build to see if that would fix the issue and it did not. It seems like this ‘framework’ is just missing.

Ld /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Objects-normal/i386/Medici normal i386
    cd /Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios
    export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=9.0
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Users/vagrant/.bitrise/tools:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands:/usr/local/sbin:~/bin:/usr/local/opt/go/libexec/bin:/Users/vagrant/go/bin:/Users/vagrant/bitrise/tools/cmd-bridge/bin/osx:/Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/tools:/Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/tools/bin:/Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator10.3.sdk -L/Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios/build/emulator -L/Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios/Medici/Plugins/cordova-plugin-iosrtc -L/Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios/Medici/Plugins/pushwoosh-cordova-plugin -F/Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios/build/emulator -FMedici/Plugins/com.adjust.sdk -FMedici/Plugins/cordova-fabric-plugin -FMedici/Plugins/cordova-plugin-facebook4 -FMedici/Plugins/cordova-plugin-googleplus -filelist /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Objects-normal/i386/Medici.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -mios-simulator-version-min=9.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Objects-normal/i386/Medici_lto.o -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphonesimulator -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Objects-normal/i386/Medici.swiftmodule -ObjC -Xlinker -sectcreate -Xlinker __TEXT -Xlinker __entitlements -Xlinker /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Medici.app.xcent /Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios/build/emulator/libCordova.a -framework AdjustSdk -weak_framework AdSupport -weak_framework iAd -lz -lc++ -framework SystemConfiguration -weak_framework Security -framework Fabric -framework Crashlytics -weak_framework ImageIO -framework CoreLocation -framework AVFoundation -weak_framework AddressBook -weak_framework AddressBookUI -lz -framework CoreMotion -framework Bolts -framework FBSDKCoreKit -framework FBSDKLoginKit -framework FBSDKShareKit -framework GoogleAppUtilities -framework GoogleAuthUtilities -framework GoogleNetworkingUtilities -framework GoogleSignIn -framework GoogleSymbolUtilities -framework GoogleUtilities -weak_framework CoreText -weak_framework SafariServices -lWebRTC-LATEST-Universal-Release -framework CoreMedia -framework GLKit -framework OpenGLES -framework CoreVideo -framework CoreAudio -framework QuartzCore -framework AudioToolbox -lstdc++ -lsqlite3.0 -framework VideoToolbox -framework Foundation -framework CoreTelephony -weak_framework WebKit -weak_framework Social -weak_framework MessageUI -framework CoreBluetooth -framework Photos -framework EventKit -framework Contacts -framework UserNotifications -framework CallKit /Users/vagrant/git/patient/cordova/platforms/ios/Medici/Plugins/pushwoosh-cordova-plugin/Pushwoosh -framework Storekit -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Objects-normal/i386/Medici_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Medici-aizfvindntoaoqhenbpuwtdrjvef/Build/Intermediates/Medici.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Medici.build/Objects-normal/i386/Medici
ld: framework not found FileProvider for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Environment:

This issue happened while trying to build our project using bitrise

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)

The stack is Hybrid stack, with both Android tools and Xcode 8. The step that the issue occurs in: cordova-archive@1.0.1.

E.g.: Git Clone v3.6.0

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : YES/NO
    No

• Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : YES/NO
    No

• Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? :
    Every time.

• Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : YES/NO
    Not sure where to edit this.

• When did the issue start? :

Issue started when I tried to get bitrise working. Haven’t had a successful build yet.

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( Bitrise CLI )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: Redirecting… .

Build log

Please copy paste the build’s bitrise.io URL here (or if the issue happens somewhere else then the full logs), or if you can’t share the url / log here then send the url or full log through a private channel (e.g. email - Contact us ), with a link to the related Discuss issue.

https://www.bitrise.io/build/e2b8907919f7a222

Turns out this was a versioning issue. We were running cordova 7.0.1 locally and ^6.5.0 in the project. We needed to run the 7.0.1 version in our stack, and add that we wanted to run ^6.5.0 in the cordova config settings.

1 Like

Glad to hear you managed to solve the issue @joeystein!

Sorry for the delay and thanks for sharing both the issue & the solution, I’m sure this will help others too! :wink: