CocoaPods fails to install ModelMapper pod

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

There is error while installing ModelMapper (6.0.0).

Installing ModelMapper (6.0.0)

[!] Error installing ModelMapper
[!] /usr/local/bin/git clone https://github.com/lyft/mapper.git /var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/d20170607-1181-x2vgep --template= --single-branch --depth 1 --branch 6.0.0

Cloning into '/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/d20170607-1181-x2vgep'...
error: RPC failed; curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Xcode 8.3.x, on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Fastlane 2.3.9

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • If you have multiple different build configurations (workflows), does the issue affect all/more than one? : YES
  • If it’s an issue which happens sporadically, what’s the frequency? (e.g. Once a day ; about x% of the builds) :
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? :

Linux/Android stack builds

NO

Other stacks

NO

Build log

Sent via email.

Does pod install fail at the same pod every time?

Also, can you please follow this guide How to debug your build locally / "It works on my Mac/PC but not on bitrise.io" and let us know how it goes?

Yes, it always fails at the same pod. You could look at the build log I sent via email.
I also tried to debug on my local and it all goes well.

Did you follow the guide I linked? The important step is to start with a brand new / clean git clone of the repo, into a new directory (preferably into /tmp).

Weirdly, it works again with just rebuilding, it is the fifth tries.

Might have been a temporary issue on GitHub’s side, they had some issues lately / in the last ~12 hours (https://status.github.com/messages).

If you’d see this happen again please let us know!

Thanks for your instant support!

1 Like