Capability to Tag and Add Notes / Comments to Builds

Hello!

I notice that in Bitrise, once the build has completed, we cannot edit the “Commit Message”.

In my use case, my colleague wants to “tag”, or add a note on the build archive that’s uploaded to iTunesConnect and marked as production archive. Problem is, commit message entry is before the build started – and when build has completed and the QA’s have finished testing, it’s very possible that the build is invalid because there are still noticeable bugs or other problems (and therefore another workflow needs to be triggered).

This is also useful that in the future, we can filter based on these custom “notes” or “tags” (instead of branch).

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks,
David

Hi @dvdchr-tvlk,

If I understand it correctly, you’d like a “comments” feature on the Build pages, so that you can comment / mark things related to that specific build?

Or would you rather add these infos to the artifact directly?

@viktorbenei: Yes, sort of like comments – but it behaves much more like tags or notes since I think it will be helpful if in the future it can be used as a search / filter source :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely a great idea, thank you for the feature request and for the context / use case!

P.S.: I changed the title a bit, to make it a bit more obvious for others / to help you with collecting votes :wink:

No problem, thanks!

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’d love to have this so that I can communicate to the team what I have discovered about the failed build. I’d also like a way to assign the failed build to someone on the team for analysis.

2 Likes

Hi,
Has this been looked at yet?
Agreed with brianbatchelder, need a way to show an investigation has occurred and that the failed build is not of concern.
Thanks!
Reghardt

Hi @ReggiePret!

We’ll make sure to update this thread if there’s any notable progress on this, please make sure to vote for this request! And thanks for the bump :slight_smile:

A new use case related to this: when doing debugging which requires comparing things across builds it’d be super helpful to be able to add some markers to builds (tags or notes) which are also visible on the build list page.

Example:

From this it’s not possible to tell which build had which config option or experiment variation while doing the debugging.

If I forget to add the necessary notes to the commit message then finding the right “variants” during debugging can become an issue on the build list.