Can't update YML bitrise wrapper config

We are using a wrapper to run all our workflows from bitrise.yml that is defined in our repo.

When I try to save my YML config on the website, if I try to rename a step I get the following message

Error saving!
Error saving app config: Error updating app config.

Any ideas what is going on?

Attempting to just add a blank space and saving the file is successful.

Edit: Just to restrict a little more the issue. The problem is not renaming the problem is removing a workflow that exists. Because if we keep the current workflow and we add a new one with the correct name, the YML file is saved.

---
format_version: 1.4.0
default_step_lib_source: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git
description: |-
  This wrapper is configure in bitrise.io editor as the script to run. What it
  does mainly is to simply clone the repository and forward the execution of the
  workflow to the real build file (bitrise.yml) which is hosted in this repository.

To work, main workflow here must also be present in bitrise.yml, so main workflows
  must be kept synchronized between the two.

Also, any change made to this file must be **manually** added to bitrise.io editor.
  Simply copy/paste the content of this file into the web editor and press save.

To test locally using bitrise CLI, while at project root directory, simply do:

bitrise run <workflow> -c bitrise.wrapper.yml

See http://devcenter.bitrise.io/tips-and-tricks/use-bitrise-yml-from-repository/
  for details on the technique.
trigger_map:
- push_branch: develop
  workflow: develop
- pull_request_target_branch: "*"
  pull_request_source_branch: "*"
  workflow: pr
- tag: v*
  workflow: publish_internal
workflows:
  _run_from_repo:
    steps:
    - activate-ssh-key@3.1.1:
        title: Activate SSH credentials
        run_if: '{{getenv "SSH_RSA_PRIVATE_KEY" | ne ""}}'
    - git-clone@4.0.11:
        title: Clone repository
    - script@1.1.5:
        title: Continue using repository bitrise.yml
        inputs:
        - content: |-
            #!/bin/bash
            set -ex
            bitrise run "${BITRISE_TRIGGERED_WORKFLOW_ID}"
  workflow_A:
    after_run:
    - _run_from_repo

I splitted workflow_A into workflow_B and workflow_C. Adding B and C does not work. Adding A, B and C works, but now I have a workflow_A that does not exist anymore on Bitrise.yml that still appears as an option on start a build screen.

Hi @gabrieloshiro,

is not it possible that the workflow, you try to remove is used in the trigger_map or as a before_workflow / after_workflow in any remaining workflow?

You can not remove a workflow if other parts of your config referring to this workflow.

The website does not provide a descriptive error message, but you can download your config, update it as you want and run bitrise validate, this command call should provide better error message.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.