Branch name suggestion feature

Bitrise.io does not show available branches names

When a new project is configured, or when a new build is triggered, the name of the branch must be written by hand.
Many times one does not remember exactly what the name of the branch is and ends up entering an incorrect name.

Please add this feature

I never thought of this. This would be pretty sweet. Save a lot of cycles of the build starting… and then not starting because it can’t find the branch.

Great idea!
I just wonder, why do you trigger a branch like that manually? :thinking:
Is there a reason why you don’t build these branches automatically?

Hi,

Working for a mobile dev agency, we switched to Bitrise a couple of months ago and it would be really useful for us too!

@viktorbenei our QA department manually triggers a lot of builds manually on different environment (mainly dev or staging) in order to test feature/fix branches to validate them before they are merged to the develop branch.

Having to copy/paste the branch name is a huge source of time loss and having a dropdown menu would save us a lot of time… I’m not sure how we could build automatically since we need to select different workflows depending on the context in order to test on the right environment.