Bitrise Build Issue Report template
Description of the issue
API Rate Limit Error
Please describe the issue here
*** Skipped downloading RocketSpaceClientApi-Framework.framework binary due to the error:
“API rate limit exceeded for 220.127.116.11. (But here’s the good news: Authenticated requests get a higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.)”
iOS build using Carthage
Where did the issue happen?
During the Carthage update
Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?
- Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : YES/NO
Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the
Cache:Pushsteps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the
Settingstab of the app. : YES/NO
- If you have multiple different build configurations (workflows), does the issue affect all/more than one? : YES/NO
- If it’s an issue which happens sporadically, what’s the frequency? (e.g. Once a day ; about x% of the builds) :
- Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : YES/NO
- When did the issue start? :
Linux/Android stack builds
Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the
/tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: https://bitrise-io.github.io/devcenter/docker/run-your-build-locally-in-docker/ .
Can it be reproduced by running the build locally with our CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli ), after doing a new git clone of the repository into the
/tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli )?
Please attach the build log (you can download the build log from the build’s page, once the build is finished, using the “Download log” button - floating at the bottom right corner of the log viewer), or if you can’t attach the whole log then send the full log through a private channel (e.g. email - https://www.bitrise.io/contact ), with a link to the related GitHub issue.