Encountered error "Bad credentials" in step "Carthage"

I have a iOS project which needs Carthage for dependency management. To avoid Github rate limit issues, I generated a personal access token from Github. The token has no selected scope of access(like access commit status), since I did not find any document stating that the token need any of the scopes.I store the access token in the secret page as GITHUB_ACCESS_TOKEN

When I started the workflow, I saw errors about “Bad credentials” in step “Carthage”, e.g:

** Skipped downloading AFNetworking.framework binary due to the error:**
** “Bad credentials”**

Any idea how to fix this? Do I have to grant any of those scope of access when creating the access token?

Hi @GordonWong

Can you please send us a build URL about the issue?

@bitce I faced the same issue. Here’s build url: https://app.bitrise.io/build/2ba96c50ce3e65cc

Hy there!

well, the only thing I can think of is that the github access token is not valid.:confused:

Hi all,

To verify if Github provided me a valid token, I created a new access token on Github, tried to use it in my Macbook, and it worked fine. It could solve the API rate limit issue of Carthage on my Macbook. However, I used the same token for the step “Carthage” and it failed.

Hi @GordonWong!

The step has been updated in the while in order to resolve this issue, are you still experiencing it on the latest version of the step?

1 Like

Restarted the workflow with the latest version of the Carthage step (3.1.7) and it solved this issue. Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.